Event coordinator cover letter
View this sample cover letter for an event coordinator, or download the event coordinator cover letter template in Word.
As an event coordinator, you know how to make lots of pieces fall in line—but how are you at putting together your cover letter? To be considered for top event coordinator jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for working with people. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for an event coordinator, or download the event coordinator cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can look for event coordinator jobs on Monster.
Event coordinator cover letter template
Sometown, IL 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com | Portfolio URL
November 8, 2017
Ms. Monica Keating
55 Chester Ave.
Sometown, IL 55555
Re: Event Coordinator,Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Keating:
My 15 years of event management experience are well matched to the qualifications outlined in your event coordinator job announcement. I am very interested in the opportunity.
I currently serve as an event coordinator at XYZ Company, one of Sometown’s leading event management firms. In this multifaceted position, I work closely with clients to manage fundraisers, grand openings, corporate meetings, tradeshows, product launches, galas, festivals, sales rallies, “meet-and-greet” gatherings for prospective new accounts and a host of other special events.
An unwavering focus on coordinating memorable and “buzz-generating” events has resulted in:
- Exceeding revenue goals by up to 375%
- Producing record-setting gains in donors/major gifts¾up to $4.2M raised per event
- Driving rapid increases in store traffic and customer base
- Attracting capacity crowds for attendance of 5,000+
- Strengthening brand identity and improving customer loyalty
The enclosed résumé provides more details of events I have coordinated for sectors including:
If my proven success in special events management meets your requirements, please call me at (555) 555-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting. Thank you.
Meeting Planner Cover Letter
Meeting Planners are event management experts who are specialized in organizing meetings and conventions for various industries. Essential job duties of a Meeting Planner include discussing requirements with clients, determining the purpose of the event, selecting time and location, researching venues and service providers, making sure services meet client requirements, managing event bills, approving payments, and monitoring the event to make sure clients and attendees are satisfied.
A well-written cover letter sample for Meeting Planner should focus on the following skills and abilities:
- Event management experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation abilities
- Time management
- Problem solving orientation
- Being able to work under pressure
- Computer competences
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to details
Below is provided a cover letter example highlighting comparable Meeting Planner skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Meeting Planner Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Ricks:
Upon consideration of your posting for a Meeting Planner, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an accomplished, organized, and creative professional with more than 12 years of experience overseeing highly successful meetings, events, and conferences, I am confident that I would significantly contribute to the success of your team’s objectives.
My background lies in planning, developing, and executing a wide variety of successful meetings, events, trade shows, internal trainings, and conferences within the pharmaceutical industry. With my ability to manage all logistical responsibilities, as well as my expertise in negotiating costs and approving payments, I excel at maximizing event attendance, forging beneficial relationships, and enhancing meeting/event experiences for attendees.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Planning, supervising, and executing a diverse array of highly successful trade shows, corporate and sales meetings, and general events comprising up to 1,200 attendees to enhance brand messaging and expand revenue-producing opportunities.
- Overseeing all aspects of meetings including site selection, budget administration, vendor/contract negotiation, catering, marketing materials, participant registration, audio/visual equipment, travel itineraries, and on-site transportation.
- Strategically negotiating substantial cost savings with contracted hotels and vendors for event-specific services; selecting, hiring, and managing third-party vendors to ensure optimal cost efficiency and end results.
- Interfacing with a variety of corporate departments—including creative, PR, and product development—to facilitate meeting/event strategy and management efforts.
- Building solid relationships with vendors, managers, caterers, and hotel and convention personnel through effective interpersonal, communication, and leadership abilities.
With my proven record of developing and overseeing productive and profitable meetings and events, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Julian R. Miller